A. NATURE AND PURPOSE
The Colloquium is the presentation of a thesis project to the professors and graduate students of the Religious Studies Sector of the Department of Classics and Religious Studies. Its purpose is to facilitate the exchange of ideas within the department, to provide an opportunity for the students to discuss their research with the other researchers, and to receive feedback from them.
The Colloquium should, therefore, be held when a certain amount of research towards the thesis has been completed and the outlines and main ideas have been articulated. On the other hand, the colloquium should not be held too late, i.e. when the research has almost been completed, so that suggestions for improvement can be incorporated and corrections can be made.
B. PRESENTATION OF THE COLLOQUIUM PROJECT
The project should be presented in approximately four to six pages that include the following information:
- Name of student
- Degree sought
- Name of thesis director
- Contents of the thesis under the following categories:
- PREVIOUS WORK IN THE FIELD
- TENTATIVE TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The project is to be signed and dated by both the student and the thesis director.
- After the project was approved and signed by the thesis director, please send an electronic copy to our secretariat.
C. TIME LIMITS
In order to facilitate the distribution of the Project before the Colloquium, please hand in the electronic text of you project to the secretariat of the department at least two months before the proposed date.