Mandate of the Committee on Undergraduate Studies
Subject to Article 162 of University Government, the Committee on Undergraduate Studies reviews and makes recommendations to the Faculty Council concerning:
- admission requirements of the Faculty’s undergraduate programs and measures required to limit, if necessary, registration in certain programs;
- the structure, content and learning objectives of the Faculty’s undergraduate programs;
- admission requirements, structure, content and learning objectives of interdisciplinary and joint programs that involve the Faculty of Arts;
- the implementation of policies that promote academic success and enhance the quality of student experience;
- the internationalization of undergraduate programs and development of opportunities for student mobility;
- the development of academic regulations and their application and interpretation.
Subject to Article 163 of the University Government, the Committee on Undergraduate Studies consists of the following members:
- the vice-dean undergraduate studies, who chairs the Committee;
- the vice-dean governance and secretary (ex-officio member);
- five (5) representatives from Faculty sectors: one (1) from fine arts, two (2) from the humanities and two (2) from languages and literatures. These representatives are elected by Faculty Council for a term of two (2) years. Terms of office begin July 1 and are renewable once;
- a full-time undergraduate student registered in the Faculty of Arts and delegated by the Students’ Association of the Faculty of Arts for a term of two (2) years;
- the administrator of undergraduate studies, who acts as secretary of the Committee and takes minutes (non-voting member).