Strata is a bilingual, peer-reviewed, graduate student-run journal supported by the University of Ottawa’a Department of History. It provides a forum for open debate among graduate-level historians and fosters the development of professional skills through the publishing process. Strata encourages historical discussions and debates on a variety of historical topics in both of Canada’s official languages.
Strata’s team invites you to submit an article or a book review for our upcoming issue. Submissions on all historical topics and periods are welcome.
All articles submitted to Strata must be original, unpublished scholarly works authored by students at the MA or PhD level. Submissions will be evaluated by a senior scientific comittee and then will be reviewed by the editorial board. Authors are asked to send their submissions by email to email@example.com, along with an abstract (maximum 150 words) and a short biography (maximum 75 words).
The submission deadline for the upcoming issue is Friday, May 26, 2017.
Guidelines to submit a contribution :
- Articles must be between 6000 and 8000 words and book reviews must be between 750 and 1000 words. Books reviews must concern works published in the past three years
- MS Word must be used
- The text must be double-spaced, in Times New Roman, size 12 and paginated
- The heading must contain the author’s full name, their university affiliation and the level of study
- Any photos, maps, or other graphics must be a minimum of 300 dpi JPEG or PNG. If required, reproduction permission must be obtained from the copyright holder
- Footnotes and bibliography must follow the style of the Department of History of the University of Ottawa : https://arts.uottawa.ca/sites/arts.uottawa.ca.history/files/history_essay_guide.pdf
We look forward to working with you,
Editor-in-chief of Strata