Member of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and thereby authorized to supervise theses and Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics
2007 — PhD. Linguistics, University of London
1999 — MA, Applied Linguistics, University of London
1988 — BA Hons., Modern Languages, University of Leeds
Tel.: 613-562-5800 ext. 1573
Member of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and thereby authorized to supervise theses.
- The language of preadolescents (variationist analyses of morphosyntax and discourse)
- LIN1340 Language in society
- LIN2381 Varieties of English
- LIN5903 Sociolinguistics I
- LIN7942 Sociolinguistics II
Levey, S. (2006a) Visiting London relatives. English World Wide 27: 45-70.
Levey, S. (2006b) Tense variation in preadolescent narratives. Journal of English Linguistics 34: 126-52.
Levey, Stephen (2006). The sociolinguistic distribution of discourse marker LIKE in preadolescent speech. Multilingua 25: 413-441.