Admission to the Bachelor of Music (B.Mus) and the Master of Music (M.Mus) requires an audition on the student's major instrument. Students must demonstrate an advanced level of technical proficiency and performance ability. See audition requirements, below.
Admission to the combined Bachelor of Music and Science (B.Mus./B.Sc.) requires an audition on the student's major instrument. Only students demonstrating a truly exceptional level of technical proficiency and performance ability will be considered for admission.
For admission to the Honours BA with specialization in Music, (B.A. Hons.), no audition is required.
Steps to apply to the University of Ottawa
- To apply to the University of Ottawa, please create your profile on the OUAC web portal. BMUS students can follow this link to the application page: https://www.ouac.on.ca and MMUS students can follow the instructions on this webpage: http://www.uottawa.ca/graduate-studies/programs-admission/apply
- BMus applicants must fill-out the audition form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to select an audition date
- Go to the following page to select your audition time: https://web47.uottawa.ca/en/lrs/121661
- Insert instrument (ex. Piano) in the search bar to facilitate finding the correct date
- Choose the program associated with your instrument, BMus or MMus
- Once you have selected your audition date, you will have to choose your audition time and date again in the list of choices on the right side of the page.
- Select “Add to cart”
- Create a profile on this page
- Complete the form by selecting “other’” to identify yourself
- Once completed, you will be directed to the general store page
- Finalize your order by paying with a credit card
For more information, please consult the guidelines for the audition day.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us : email@example.com
SCHOOL OF MUSIC - AUDITION DATES 2018
February 20, 2018 : Guitar, Piano, Violin
February 21, 2018 : Cello, Double Bass, Voice
February 23, 2018 : Brass, Harp, Percussion, Winds
March 3, 2018 : Double Bass, Harp, Percussion, Viola, Violin, Voice, Winds
March 10, 2018 : Brass, Cello, Guitar, Harp, Viola, Voice
March 17, 2018 : Piano, Violin
Friday, March 30th 2018: DEADLINE - Video Option - For candidates who live more than 200 km away from Ottawa. See guidelines for the recording.
Click on your instrument sector below. You will be redirected to that sector’s page. There you will find information on the sector, its faculty, audition requirements for BMus and MMus candidates, and a list recommended free-lance accompanists. Note that the School of Music does not provide accompanists for the auditions. Candidates are responsible for securing their own accompanist. You can use accompanists from the list or anyone else of your choosing.
Please note, we do not administer a theory placement test for admission to the Bachelor of Music degree. Any such evaluation happens at the start of the Fall semester.