Adjunct Professor, School of Information Studies
Office: 613-562-5800 ext. 4850
Work E-mail: mdesorme@uOttawa.ca
Monique E. Désormeaux is the Division Manager, Service Excellence for the Ottawa Public Library. She has experience in board governance, organizational restructuring, change management, policy development and collective bargaining/labour relations. She is a regular speaker at conferences and recently served on the organizing committee of the World Library and Information Congress (74th IFLA General Conference and Assembly) held in Quebec City.
She was the 1988 recipient of the P.E. Fillion Award, which introduced graduating librarians to the field of academic librarianship at Laurentian University (Sudbury, Ontario) and the 2004 recipient of the Canadian Library Association Award for the Advancement of Intellectual Freedom in Canada.
Her current portfolio includes:
- French language services
- Staff training and development
- Service excellence and client satisfaction
- Collective bargaining and labour relations.
- Selection, acquisition, processing and cataloguing library collections
- Public service in 14 branches
- Advocating on the library's behalf to community partners and local politicians.
- Public speaking, at conferences, to employees and to community groups, in both official languages.
She is a native of Windsor, Ontario and is fluently bilingual in both of Canada's official languages.
- ISI 5103 Management Foundations for the Information Professional
- ISI 5506 Philosophie et pratique dans les professions de l'information