What is a visitorship in Canadian and Aboriginal Studies?

The Institute of Canadian and Aboriginal Studies (ICAS) provides research visitorships to scholars who wish to come to Ottawa to work on Canadian-related projects. The visitorships are designed for sabbaticants and those holding research grants in Canadian or Aboriginal Studies or for those who want to produce teaching tools on Canada. Located near the National Archives, the National Library and an array of museums, the University of Ottawa's Institute of Canadian Studies is the ideal place to conduct research on Canada.

The Institute provides library privileges, computing facilities, technical support and university affiliation. Visitorships at the University of Ottawa normally range from two weeks to six months.

To apply for a research visitorship at the Institute of Canadian and Aboriginal Studies, please complete the online formand submit it to the Institute.

Registration form

Note that University of Ottawa policy requires that all foreign students, visitors or workers purchase the University Health Plan (UHIP) if they stay more than 21 days (about $70 a month). Upon your arrival, you must register at the Human Resources Service of the University of Ottawa (Room 019 in Tabaret Hall; telephone 613-562-5832). This is mandatory, regardless of what other personal insurance you may have.

After reviewing your online application, we will let you know if we can support your teaching and research activities in Canadian and Aboriginal studies.

Current and Future Visiting Researchers

Back to top