The University of Ottawa Department of Communication is excited to invite applications for its PhD program. Going into its third year, the program offers students a unique set of opportunities. Students engage with two linguistic traditions of communication scholarship, English and French. They also draw from two areas of theoretical emphasis, organizational communication and media studies. They collaborate with professors who conduct research on a range of topics, such as health communication, public policy, digital media, and the environment.
Why choose the Department of Communication for your Ph.D. ?
- A bilingual program
- Two areas of specialization: media studies and organizational communication
- Internationally-renowned professors
- World-class research groups and labs
- A departmental culture centred on research
- Generous scholarships/bursaries
- A department housed in modern facilities, located in the heart of Canada's national capital
- Close proximity to public and para-public organizations such as CRTC, Industry Canada, federal ministries, etc.