For students coming from Algonquin College
Students who are registered in the Diploma in Journalism or the Diploma in Public Relations at Algonquin College who have a Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.7 or higher and who wish to transfer to the Honours Bachelor in Digital Journalism or the Honours Bachelor in Public Relations at the University of Ottawa will apply for a transfer by using the following procedure:
- Students must fill out and submit the University of Ottawa Application for undergraduate admission form online at:
On the “Program Selection” screen, students must choose the appropriate “Academic Plan”:
- Honours Bachelor of Digital Journalism (joint program with Algonquin College)
- Honours Bachelor of Public Relations (joint program with Algonquin College)
- Students must complete their application to the University of Ottawa before the deadline posted on the following Web page: http://www.uottawa.ca/undergraduate-admissions/deadlines-and-available-programs. The student may complete their application as soon as the Application for undergraduate admission form becomes available online for the corresponding entry term.
- No fees will be required for the request to transfer to these programs. While filling out the application form, on the page asking them to select a method of payment, students will choose the option “Fee exemption” and they will not have to pay any fees.
- Students are not required to submit their transcript from Algonquin College to the University of Ottawa. This process is performed directly between Algonquin College and the University of Ottawa.
- Algonquin College will provide the University of Ottawa with the applicants’ final transcripts before the end of June.
These joint programs are open to students who have graduated from Algonquin College either in Journalism or Public Relations, since 2002.
Digital Journalism (First Route)
Register for the Honours bachelor's degree at the University and, after completing 60 credits (four semesters), transfer to Algonquin College to complete the diploma program in journalism. Because of space limitations at Algonquin, the University can only accept 25 students in this stream. In addition, upon completion of 60 credits at the University of Ottawa, you must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 6.0/10 (70%) to be admitted to Algonquin College. At the end of 4 years most students have both an Honours BA and a College Diploma!
Digital Journalism (Second Route)
Start by completing two years and obtain the Diploma in Journalism at Algonquin College (a minimum average of 3.0 is required) and then transfer to Honours Bachelor in Digital Journalism the University of Ottawa to do four more semesters (60 credits). The University has no registration limits in this stream. At the end of 4 years most students have both an Honours BA and a College Diploma!