The Student Experience Committee makes recommendations to the Faculty Council regarding:
- initiatives that enhance the student experience within the Faculty of Arts;
- the development of guidelines and best practices within the Faculty of Arts that promote student success and enhance the student experience;
- the identification and development of opportunities for student mobility, career development, and other initiatives;
- the application and interpretation of academic regulations, policies, and procedures related to its mandate.
The Student Experience Committee is responsible for:
- preparing and updating, with the administrators of undergraduate and graduate studies, the general Faculty Handbooks;
- preparing and updating Faculty guidelines around student experience;
- establishing subcommittees, as required, to handle particular issues related to its mandate;
- Submitting an executive report of its activities to Faculty Council, annually.
The Student Experience Committee consists of the following members:
- the Vice-Dean, Students, who chairs the Committee;
- the Vice-Dean, Governance and External Relations (ex-officio member);
- five (5) elected representatives from Faculty sectors: one (1) from Fine Arts, two (2) from the Humanities and two (2) from Languages and Literature. These representatives are elected by Faculty Council for a term of two (2) years. Terms of office begin July 1 and are renewable once;
- a full-time undergraduate student registered in the Faculty of Arts delegated by the Students’ Association of the Faculty of Arts for a term of one year;
- a full-time graduate student registered in the Faculty of Arts and delegated by the Faculty’s GSA for a term of one (1) year, renewable once;
- the Student Experience, Academic Development, and Retention Supervisor or a delegate from the advising and mentoring staff, who serves as an advisor and takes minutes (non-voting member).
The Committee meets on notice of the chair.