Mandate of the Research and Publications Committee
Subject to Article 164 of University Government, the Research and Publications Committee promotes research activity in the Faculty of Arts. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Research and Publications Committee:
- establishes, updates and administers research policy for the Faculty of Arts;
- administers support programs for Faculty research;
- presents an annual report on its activities to Faculty Council.
Subject to Article 165 of University Government, the Research and Publications Committee consists of the following members:
- the vice-dean research, who chairs the Committee;
- the vice-dean governance and secretary (ex-officio member);
- five (5) representatives from Faculty sectors: one (1) from fine arts, two (2) from the humanities and two (2) from language and literature. These representatives are elected by Faculty Council for a term of two (2) years. Terms of office begin July 1 and are renewable once;
- the research administrator, in an advisory capacity.