The Research and Publications Committee promotes research activity in the Faculty of Arts. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Research and Publications Committee:
- establishes, updates and administers research policy for the Faculty of Arts;
- administers support programs for Faculty research;
- presents an annual report on its activities to Faculty Council.
The Research and Publications Committee consists of the following members:
- the Vice-Dean, Research, who chairs the Committee;
- the Vice-Dean, Governance and External Relations (ex-officio member);
- five (5) elected representatives from Faculty sectors: one (1) from fine arts, two (2) from the humanities and two (2) from language and literature. These representatives are elected by Faculty Council for a term of two (2) years. Terms of office begin July 1 and are renewable once;
- the research facilitator, in an advisory capacity (non-voting).
The administrative assistant to the Vice-Dean Research as the recording secretary (non-voting).
The Committee meets on notice of the chair