New! Faculty of Arts Alumni and Friends Awards of Excellence
Submit your nominations today!
We’re pleased to invite you to nominate candidates for the new Faculty of Arts Alumni and Friends Awards of Excellence.
We want to encourage and recognize the exceptional achievements and contributions of our alumni, donors and friends.
Categories and selection criteria
The Faculty of Arts will present three awards annually:
- Alumnus/Alumna of the Year Award
- Honours the exemplary talent, work and influence of our inspiring graduates. Recipients must demonstrate outstanding achievements in their field, as well as leadership, and contribute to the reputation of the Faculty of Arts and the University of Ottawa.
- Young Alumnus/Alumna Award
- Honours alumni 40 years of age or less who have made an outstanding contribution to their field or to the community. They inspire future generations of young graduates by their example.
- Honorary Award
- Given to friends of the Faculty of Arts who have distinguished themselves through outstanding achievements in any field, demonstrated leadership and contributed to the reputation of the Faculty of Arts or the University of Ottawa, or have enhanced the student experience at the Faculty of Arts through their actions and dedication. This award may be given to more than one person per year, but will not necessarily be given every year. It will be presented at the same ceremony as the other Faculty of Arts Alumni Awards of Excellence.
Call for nomination
Nominations must include:
- a letter of nomination (specifying the name of the award)
- a biography or resumé (maximum two pages)
- a list of the nominee’s major achievements or contributions to the Faculty
Please submit nominations to Natalie Béland, Alumni Relations Officer, Faculty of Arts: natalie.beland@uOttawa.ca.
Awards will be presented during an event for all Faculty of Arts alumni.