The Digital Transformation and Innovation program is a multi-faculty collaboration between the Faculty of Arts, the Telfer School of Management, and the Faculty of Engineering to train highly qualified professionals to create, manage and research the profound change to our world that is happening as a result of electronic digital technology. At its heart, the technology enables the collection and communication of huge amounts of data that transforms how business and society works. It also creates a new online environment where the experience of business and social interactions by individuals is being reinvented. Innovation is an important aspect of the program to emphasize the reinvention and creative design of user experiences in business and social interactions.
Digital Transformation and Innovation is a multidisciplinary graduate program with a strong commitment to industry relevance as well as business and social implications of the technology. In the program, students will:
- Develop and demonstrate the ability to communicate with and integrate multidisciplinary expertise related to digital transformation and innovation.
- Develop and demonstrate the ability to lead, design and create applications of digital transformation and innovation using current and emerging tools, techniques and technology.
- Develop skills in management, technology, communications, information architecture, data science, UX design and gender / cultural awareness and demonstrate the ability to apply them in practice.
- Develop and demonstrate the ability to assess, test and research digital transformation and innovation with sensitivity and awareness around ethics, equity, diversity, business and social impact.
The focus of these programs is the integration of information technologies with business processes and strategies within a dynamic legal and business environment. The core of e-business technologies is centred on the concept that the application of Internet and information technologies lead to remarkable new ways of conceiving and organizing businesses. This, in turn, leads to many innovative modes of management, new organizational structures and information architectures, new legislation as well as new legal and corporate strategies.
Graduate programs offered:
- Master of Digital Transformation and Innovation
- Master of Digital Transformation and Innovation with Concentration in UX Design
- Master of Digital Transformation and Innovation with Concentration in Applied Data Science
- Master of Science (MSc) in Digital Transformation and Innovation
- Doctorate in Philosophy Digital Transformation and Innovation
- Electronic business (e-Business)
- Electronic technologies (e-Technologies)
- Electronic society (e-Society)