Colloquia en 2017-2018
- Oct 4: María Luisa Rivero (University of Ottawa): “Aspect, Person, and Tense in Hindi-Urdu and Turkish Futures”
- Nov 8: Alexei Kochetov (U Toronto)
- Nov 29: Suzi Lima (U Toronto)
Colloquia en 2016-2017
- Oct 12: Rajesh Bhatt (UMass): “Tense and the Realization of the Feminine Plural in Hindi-Urdu” (joint work w/ Stefan Keine)
- Nov 9: Meghan Clayards (McGill): “Hyper-speech and the modulation of phonetic contrasts”
- Nov 23: Michael Barrie (Sogang University): “The Instability of Phrasal Noun Incorporation"
- Jan 25: Pavel Trofimovich (Concordia): “Second language comprehensibility: Exploring the construct”
- Feb 8: Guillaume Thomas (U Toronto): “Underspecification in degree operators”
- Mar 8: Christopher Green (Syracuse): “Towards a typology of tonal neutralizations in Mande: (Re)discovering compacité tonale”
- Mar 31: Brian Joseph (Ohio State University): "The Greek of Southern Albania: Sociological, Dialectological, and Contact-related Perspectives"
Colloquia en 2015-2016
- Sept 23: Andrew Nevins (UCL): "Tooth and Throat Singing: Mondegreens and the Decoding of Sound Structure"
- Oct 9: Adam Ussishkin (University of Arizona): “Maltese root priming is morphological, not phonological”
- Oct 21: Denis Bouchard (Université du Québec à Montréal): “The nature and origin of language”
- Nov 2: Gretchen McCulloch "How to explain linguistics to a general audience" (a guest lecture for the Doctoral seminar taught by Éric Mathieu)
- Nov 11: Rena Torres Cacoullos (Penn State University): “Code-switching: convergence no, priming yes”
- Dec 2: Raj Singh (Carleton University): “Conjunctive scalar implicatures”
- March 9: Erik Anonby (Carleton University): “Structural effects of contact between French and Mambay (Niger-Congo)”
- March 30: Sarah E. Murray (Cornell University): "Evidentials and illocutionary mood in Cheyenne"
- April 12: Lisa deMena Travis (McGill University): "The position of Out of Control morphemes in Malagasy and Tagalog"
Colloquia en 2014-2015
- Oct 22: Daniel Siddiqi (Carleton): "On Monolistemicity and Post-Linearization Spanning"
- Nov 7: Vincent Gracco (McGill): "Some observations on the consequences of age of acquisition on the bilingual brain"
- Nov 21: Margaret Grant (postdoc at McGill University at the time, currently at Humboldt University, Berlin): "Processing structural and referential ambiguities" (Joint work with Brian Dillon and Shayne Sloggett (UMass Amherst))
- Dec 09: Brock Ferguson (Northwestern University): When veps cry: Can toddlers learn novel words from linguistic contexts alone?
Helen Buckler (University of Toronto): "Voicing alternations in the developing mental lexicon"