The Bel Paese has it all: art, fashion, fast cars, Dante, dolce vita, cinema, popes! Enroll in these programs to learn about Italian language and culture from the Middle Ages to the present, including North America’s fascinating Italian heritage. Through our study-abroad and Italian summer programs, you can practice speaking the language by living and studying in Italy. Our Italian courses allow you to partake in this ancient tradition as well as in modern-day Italian culture. You will learn the language while studying Italian cinema, literature, fashion and other cultural aspects. Students quickly acquire the tools needed to enter the workplace with an excellent knowledge of the language.
Please note: Modern language programs are currently undergoing restructuring. For this reason, applications for these programs are suspended for an indefinite period. Although the programs are suspended, the courses are still active and we invite you to register.
Immersion Stay Abroad
The major includes a mandatory immersion stay abroad in an Italian-speaking university, where you will be surrounded by the language and be required to take at least twelve credits of courses. A mobility scholarship to help you cover the cost of your travel and stay is available.
Examples of Possible Combinations
- Italian Language and Culture and History and Theory of Art
- Italian Language and Culture and Second Language Teaching
- Italian Language and Culture and Translation
Program-specific Admission Requirements
Students with prior knowledge of Italian must take a placement test to determine their level of proficiency and whether they are exempt from certain introductory courses.
- Immigration Settlement Liaison Officer
- Multiculturalism project officer
- Many positions in tourism
- Cultural or international adaptation specialist
- Intergovernmental Affairs Officer
- Multiple occupations in diplomatic service, foreign and cultural affairs
- Teaching positions after completion of a degree in education
- These programs are a major asset in the international marketplace.