AUDITIONS - Video Auditions Only 2021
Important information :
- Admission to the Bachelor of Music (B.Mus) and the Master of Music (M.Mus) requires an audition on the student's major instrument. Students must demonstrate an advanced level of technical proficiency and performance ability. See audition requirements below.
- Admission to the combined Bachelor of Music and Science (B.Mus./B.Sc.) requires an audition on the student's major instrument.Only students demonstrating an exceptional level of technical proficiency and performance ability will be considered for admission.
- For admission to the Honours BA with specialization in Music, (B.A. Hons.),no audition is required.
Steps to apply to the University of Ottawa
1. REGISTER ON OUAC on the following link:https://www.ouac.on.ca/
- Pay the $50 OUAC fee and fill out any necessary documents required to complete your application
2. AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
- Fill out the Audition Form
- Send your most recent transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select your audition date (see below for more information) Please do not forget to pay the $50 additional audition fee. You will have to pay $50 for OUAC AND $50 for your audition.
- Click on the Video Audition Guidelines for more information
1. REGISTER ON OUAC on the following link:https://www.uottawa.ca/graduate-studies/programs-admission/apply
- Click on APPLY NOW and create a OUAC account
- Fill out any necessary documents required to complete your application
- Pay the $100 OUAC fee
- Once you have submitted your application and it has been transferred to uOttawa’s servers, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access uoZone. Once you have logged in, you must go in the "Applications" section to have access to the uoDoc: Upload Admissions Documents aplication where you will be able to upload your documents.
2. AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
Steps to select the video audition option
1.Go to the following page to select your audition time: https://web47.uottawa.ca/en/lrs/121661
2.Create a profile on this page (on the top right of the page)
3.Complete the form by selecting ‘’other’’ to identify yourself
4.You will then be able to select your video audition
5.Insert your program (BMUS or MMUS) in the search bar to facilitate the choice
6.Select the program associated with your instrument, BMUS or MMUS video option
7.Select “Add to cart”
8.You will be directed to the general store page to pay the non-refundable $50 audition fee
9.Finalize your order by paying with a credit card. You must indicate the email address of the student applying to the program rather than the name of the owner of the credit card in order for us to clearly identify every applicant.
10.You will receive a confirmation email for your $50 audition fee. If you have not received the confirmation email or are having trouble paying the audition fee please click on this link: https://web4.uottawa.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10153&storeId=10153&productId=154554&langId=-2&parent_category_rn=31486
If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com
SCHOOL OF MUSIC – VIDEO AUDITION DATES 2021
Undergraduates: Wednesday, June 30th, 2021
Graduates: Wednesday, June 30th, 2021
Applications submitted at a later date will still be considered if there are remaining spots.
Click on your instrument sector below. You will be redirected to that sector’s page. There you will find information on the sector, its faculty, audition requirements for BMus and MMus candidates, and a list recommended free-lance accompanists. Note that the School of Music does not provide accompanists for the auditions. Candidates are responsible for securing their own accompanist. You can use accompanists from the list or anyone else of your choosing.
*Piano accompaniment, sight-reading, and scales may be omitted and is not mandatory this year due to COVID-19. You may use a back track if you wish to do so.
Please note, we do not administer a theory placement test for admission to the Bachelor of Music degree. Any such evaluation happens at the start of the Fall semester.
Master of Music in Composition
Applicants for the M.Mus in Composition should upload (in UO Doc) 3 scores in pdf format. (A single file comprising all 3 scores is preferred, but not required.) At least one of these scores should be for 3 or more instruments and one should have a duration of 5 minutes or longer. The first page of each score should be a title page with Title, Instrumentation, Name, and Date of Composition. On the back of the title page, please provide program notes and a link to an audio file via YouTube, Dropbox, Soundcloud, Google Drive, etc. Digital mockups (such as Finale or Sibelius playback) are acceptable. You may use the following link to convert mp3s to YouTube videos: https://www.tunestotube.com.