CALL FOR AUDITIONS 2021
April 11, 2021, online via Zoom
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Acting
Who We Are
Located in the heart of the National Capital’s entertainment district and surrounded by major museums and art galleries, the University of Ottawa’s Department of Theatre offers an intensive Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in acting program (BPT) and training in the fields of theatre studies, theatre education, theatre production and arts administration (BA, Major, Minor).
At the graduate level, the Department offers two programs: the Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in directing degree is a two-year, practical training program. The Master of Arts (MA) in Theatre Theory and Dramaturgy, offers three options for completion: with written thesis (2 years), with research-creation project (2 years) and with a major research paper (1 year).
The Department’s fifteen or so professors, artists and technical staff have access to two facilities which include workshops (sets and costumes), rehearsal studios and three theatre spaces, including the almost centennial Academic Hall and the brand new LabO.
Information on the BFA Program
Candidates of all linguistic and cultural origins 17 years of age or older are welcome to apply.
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2021.
Candidates have two options when preparing their auditions in English:
Two contrasting monologues of no more than two minutes each:
- One monologue from a play by Shakespeare.
- One monologue or direct address from a contemporary, published and performed play.
- One monologue, either contemporary or Shakespearean, of no more than two minutes in length.
- Prepare an original two-minute theatrical presentation. You may tell a story, write and perform an original monologue, sing a song you wrote, create a very short play where you play all the characters, or some other form of original performance. Show us your creativity, originality and those special skills that you have. This piece must be rehearsed, structured and repeatable (not improvised).We may ask you to present it more than once during the audition.
- Candidates must learn their text by heart.
- Candidates must send a curriculum vitae and a head shot (close-up of the face) of good quality in a pdf version to Jeannine Cameron (email@example.com).
- Candidates may audition in English or in French, or both, but will only be accepted into one of the two streams.
- Auditions for anglophone and francophone cohorts are separate. Please note that the audition requirements are different in English and French.
Dates of Auditions
- April 11, 2021, online, via Zoom.
- To book an audition slot, please send a curriculum vitae and a head shot (close-up of the face) of good quality in a pdf version to Jeannine Cameron (firstname.lastname@example.org). Auditions are free of charge. Times and dates will be assigned.
May 9, 2021, online via Zoom
Admitted candidates must fulfil the Faculty of Arts’ requirements for admission to the University of Ottawa.
Daniel Mroz (email@example.com)
Sylvain Schryburt (sschryburt@uOttawa.ca)